National Poetry Competition 2021: Community
Community fosters trust, care and belonging within society and forms vital support for individual existence. The poet, through the breadth of artistic creation, explores and builds on this sense of belonging. Poetry transcends the individual to embrace the flourishing of the collective and offer an inclusive space for integration.
This year, we are calling for aspiring poets to submit entries to the National Poetry Competition 2021: Community. The competition is open to citizens and permanent residents of Singapore.
Writers of the winning entries will be invited to perform their poems at an awards ceremony (details to be confirmed).
Submission Deadline: 28 May 2021, 2359hrs
- Super Junior (10 to 14 years old)
- Junior (15 to 17 years old or below) and
- Senior (18 years old or above)
- Up to 40 lines
- English, Chinese, Malay, or Tamil. (Note: The poems are evaluated by published poets in their respective mother tongues. English translations are required for public performance or possible publication.)
Winning poets will be notified by the end of June and be invited to an awards ceremony. Details to be confirmed.
Selected entries may also be chosen for publication.
Submission link: http://bit.ly/npc21opencall
Important guidelines to note:
1. Under no circumstances can changes be made to poems once submitted.
2. Entries made via the website will receive a confirmation of submission.
3. Should there be multiple entries, only the FIRST entry will be considered.
4. Poems must be the original work of the entrant.
5. Each participant is encouraged to submit his, her or their best poem, which should be unpublished and not submitted simultaneously to another competition. If more than one work is submitted, the first submission will be the only one eligible.
6. Entries should be typed and printed in black ink on A4 paper at a minimum type size of 12pt. Entries can be double- or single-spaced. Entries must be submitted in Word and pdf files.
======= ======= =======